Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dance Like David

How many of you watched the Grammy's this week? Well this year I did. When one of my favorite groups performed, I was up dancing like nobody was watching. Actually there were five people watching, but who cares. I love the dance beat of The Black Eyed Peas and for the full 5-7 minute show they put on I was dancing - hard. My thirteen year old was like, "huh?" My 10-year old completely ignored me, and my 6 and 4 year old joined in. It was great and I was sweating and breathing hard. I mean I was keeping up with the background dancers and flinging my hair like Beyonce'.

Taking another concept from my book and bringing it to you here, just dance.

I can remember in the old days when we partied from Thursday night until my 8am class on Monday. I remember dancing into the place, out dancing anyone that would challenge and dancing all the way home. Boy, I was skinny then. Think about it. You spent hours moving constantly without any thoughts about how many calories you were working off. It didn't matter and it was fun.

Time to dance again. I don't frequent the clubs anymore, but I still have the God-given talent to out dance the best of them. I find dancing with my children the most rewarding, cause they are uninhibited and think anything I do is cool (right now anyway).

During the day, I put on some dance music (always upbeat) and ever so often, I push my chair back and jam to a favorite tune. My husband and I work from home now and let's just say he's not been prone to sudden bursts of rhythm. He'll look over the computer monitor at me while I'm shaking my groove thang and say, "Uh, this is a work environment."

To that I say, "Yeah, and I'm working it!"

So, take time to enjoy your favorite song. Go wild with it. Finish the song out panting and parched. Remember it's all for fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment