Search This Blog

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Running on the beach--this is the life

Took the family to the beach this Good Friday and while I sat there basking in the sun and watching the kiddos, it hit me. I could be running up and down the beach to get in some good moving.


The uneven, soft sand works great for core building while you run too. I know, many of you don't want to run while you're at the beach, and I certainly didn't have it in my mind to do so. But, how can I miss an opportunity? I ran up the beach one way and noticed all the cool shells as I passed making a mental note to grab them on the way back.

Sure enough, I ran pausing ever so often to collect those small treasures for my little girl.

I only ran for about 10 minutes, but the smell of the water, cool breeze off the ocean along with the sun caressing my skin--absolutely exhilarating and well worth it.

Get it in whenever and wherever until you don't even give it a second thought.

1 comment:

  1. Jealous. I ran down Clark Avenue to the post office this afternoon with a backpack on my back, but it's just not the same. :(

    ReplyDelete