Search This Blog

Saturday, May 1, 2010

What would you do for a Klondike bar . . .

Or a double portion of chocolate fudge brownies slathered in Reese's cup ice cream in my case?

It being "that" time of the month for me, I stood gazing at the bowl of goodies and thought, "Is it worth it?" I suddenly heard a loud shout coming from deep inside me with a resounding "yeah baby." After my indulgence, I went outside and mowed the lawn. Since I was already sweaty and stinky I decided to get in some hill work.

Well, 10 hills later (jog down and sprint up) as I jogged home panting and dripping, I thought, "I'd do it all over again!"

That's the key . . . don't worry about eating those "good" things every once in a while. Just be willing to make the full commitment to it and have no regrets!

2 comments:

  1. I agree that we should have no regrets when we sparingly enjoy sweetz. However I wonder about those who find it impossible to workout at such high intensities (like running hills)? Their highest intensity may only reach a brisk walk down the street. Does that then mean I begin to emotionally feel bad because I ate goodies and can't seem to do much about it. If thats the case we are back where we started... at the state of regret. I repeat these words in in light of your recommendation and hope all find a level of comfort- moderation, moderation, moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Mrs. Nez. In an earlier post I emphasize that moderation is the key. The point here is not to feel guilty about enjoying some indulgences every once in a while. Someone else's committment level may be a brisk walk, but they need to at least commit to do that if they want to splurge. Just like a shopping spree you'll have to tighten the belt on something else when you make that happen. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete